CHANGE THE WAY YOU SHIP
ON AVERAGE WE'RE 15% CHEAPER
T: +44 (0)20 8988 8094 | E: INFO@SHIPFROMUK.COM
We offer weekly services from the UK to Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle. Our dedicated caravan shipping team takes care of all associated formalities and processes involved in moving your caravans door to door.
Importing a caravan to Australia? Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries you may have.
6 Easy Steps on importing a caravan to Australia:
When buying a caravan from the UK you need to make sure that what you pay is what you get. That’s why we are here to offer you a solution. Being the only NCC approved freight forwarder in the UK, we’ll be glad to make you an introduction to our trustable caravan dealers we currently work with. With their qualified engineers they can inspect and supply any caravans from the UK, not being limited to the available stock.
The way it works is that you’ll advise the make and model of the caravan you are looking to import to Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Fremantle in Australia, and they will do a comprehensive check on your behalf for:
You are aware of the benefits of buying caravans from the UK? Click here!
Vehicle Import Approval (VIA) must be obtained prior to arrival in Australia. Applications usually take from 4-6 weeks to process and be returned. You can also apply for VIA online, where an AU$50 fee is charged.
The Australian Department of Infrastructure and Transport will require you to apply for the permit to import a vehicle. It normally takes between 15-20 days to process applications. The import procedure can be found here.
To ensure that your vehicle can be accepted in Australia, we will need the following from you:
1. Sales invoice
2. Picture of Manufacture Plate
3. Picture of Weight Plate
4. Pictures and description (can be stated on the invoice)
5. Air Con? If yes, picture of Gas plate
6. Fridge? If yes, picture of fridge plate (should be inside fridge door)
7. Copy of Import Permit
Once we receive the caravan to export to Australia in our dedicated loading facilities in Felixstowe, Hull or Southampton, our specialised staff will prepare a condition report. We will make pictures available for you online of the caravan’s outside, inside, any damages, dents, scratches, etc. This will serve as proof that the condition of the caravan hasn’t changed on arrival.
On your request, the caravan can be cleaned to AQIS Inspection. The cleaning ensures there are no foreign microorganisms that could endanger the Australian environment.
The caravan will then be protected with padding, secured, lashed and loaded inside the container using our patented loading methods. You can individually monitor the whole process through our website.
Once the caravan is inside the container it will be loaded on the quickest transit. Its position on the water on its way to Australia can be seen with the click of a button.Our specialised website comes equipped with a live tracking feature to locate your caravan on its way to Australia, accessible via your personal account.
The safest and most competitive way to ship caravans to Australia is to ship them in a container.
Our experienced staff have loaded caravans in containers for the last 10 years.
It goes as follows:
1. Once the caravan arrives to our premises, it is checked in on an Ipad, thus you can instantly see pictures of the caravan and the condition report.
2. We’ll prepare the caravan for loading:
3. Then the caravan will be professionally secured, lashed and loaded in the container.
Due to our patented loading methodology, we can ensure a free of damage in transit to our customers.
Once the caravan arrives in Australia, our overseas agent will take care of the import procedure. The caravan will be customs cleared and passed through AQIS inspection.
The next step is to pay the Duty and GST.
Caravans and Trailers (non-motorised) may be imported free of duty & sales tax (one per family) if you have come to Australia with the intention of taking up permanent residence. The goods must also have been personally owned and used overseas for the whole period of 12 months preceding your departure to Australia.
Most of the imported caravans into Australia will have to undergo alterations in order to comply with local safety requirements.
The major items which have to be done are:
- Plate registration
- Gas Compliance
- Electrical Compliance
Once you have purchased your desired caravan and shipped it to Australia, there are a few steps to go through to complete the caravan importation, from the moment the vessel arrives into Australia:
The costs involved in importing a caravan to Australia are as per below:
1. Cost of the caravan purchased in the UK. If you want to purchase a brand new caravan please deduct the VAT element 20% from the Gross value of the caravan which makes the UK caravans much more appealing for overseas buyer.
2. Shipping to Australia which includes receiving and completing of condition report, photos, protecting with padding all around, loading, lashing, securing it inside the container, bug bomb and all the way to AU
3. Once the vessel arrives to destination port, there are the destination charges which includes the port service and security charges, cost of unpacking, devanning of the caravan, delivery order and agency fee, customs clearance, quarantine inspection costs, cleaning if required
4. The Duty and GST Cost:
5. Compliance cost: Most of the imported caravans into Australia will have to undergo alterations in order to comply with local safety requirements.
The major items which have to be done are Plate registration, Gas Compliance and Electrical Compliance
Our overseas agent will guide you through the easiest and most cost effective way to get the caravan compliant.
You can prepay the arrival destination costs in the UK. They include: